The UIC Scribe is the one and only official student-run newsmagazine of the Underwood International College. Founded in 2006, UIC Scribe has aimed to illustrate the diversity of voices and talents of UIC through the power of words.
This semester we are looking for new creative and passionate writers and designers. Join the UIC Scribe as a reporter or co-designer and surround yourself with a community of dedicated creatives committed to sharing compelling stories.
Who can apply?
– Any Yonsei University student with a passion for sharing stories and making creative and original content!
Why should you apply?
– To find a creative outlet for all your inner musings
– To further develop your writing/designing skills
– To network and mingle with upperclassmen and other like-minded colleagues
– For a chance to receive the prestigious Scribe scholarship
What do we do in Scribe?
– Three meetings are held per semester, usually on Thursdays at Sinchon.
– During these Workshop sessions, reporters discuss with fellow club members and editors about their articles and receive feedback on improving the quality of their drafts.
– Outside of meetings, reporters work on their individual articles. Assigned editors work closely to assist reporters along the way.
– Designers work with the editorial board to produce the final magazine publications. Designers are exempt from meetings.
For the 2020 Spring semester, we are recruiting:
– 5 Writers (Reporters)
– 1 Designer
– Please click on the button below to download the application form
– You can also contact us at email@example.com for the form or any questions you have!
– The editorial board will review your application and select new reporters based on your commitment to being active and the quality of your writing sample (or portfolio for designers).
– Deadline is March 21 (Saturday) 2020